Thursday, January 1, 2009
Skiing at Liberty
We decided to take the kids skiing/snowboarding for a day and Tuesday was the day to do it! They had a blast. The original plan was for me to take the boys on the slopes while Andy taught Brenna how to ski. The best laid plans....well, you know how it goes. I couldn't keep up with my boys. They were down the mountain before I was hardly off the ski lift! I am a little rusty and cautious these days. Not to mention that my muscles were screaming at me to stop. So the boys headed off without me and I decided that Brenna was much more my speed. But I forgot, Brenna has two speeds: on and off! She thought nothing of heading straight down the mountain; it didn't matter to her that she didn't know how to stop! I would hear her giggle as she headed down the mountain and I realized that mountain air and the sound of laughter are good for the soul. It was a beautiful day and Andy used french fries and pizza slice to help Brenna understand how her skiis were supposed to be. She mastered the french fries, but thought the pizza slice was overrated. More than one time, she asked if she could go with the boys on the other slopes! That's my Brenna. She was quite happy when the last run of the day included Noah, who was coming back from getting a drink of water. Brenna was going to try skiing down Dipsy Doodle, the longest green on the mountain that had any amount of snow (man-made) on it. Andy, Noah, and Brenna traversed the mountain with fun and laughter. Brenna only fell once and decided at the end that she could navigate between two groups of people standing close to each other. I was waiting at the bottom for them and when Andy and I saw where she was headed, we cringed, waiting for the crash. We were amazed when she navigated through them completely!! We had a great day!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I miss the snow and skiing especially. Good for you all to get out and have fun together. Your kids are so daring and coordinated. I'm impressed!
What a wonderful family memory!!
Paige, I love how you seem to have captured Brenna's personality in this post. It makes me miss you guys. When are you going to come and visit?
Post a Comment