I can't tell you how exciting it is to wake up and know you are in a different country than you were in the day before. Waking up and looking out the window while laying in bed and looking at the most beautiful colored turqoise water I have seen in a long time and looking up to see an undisturbed coastline made me giddy with excitement.
Haiti was beautiful, but to be honest we only went to a small Royal Caribbean owned part of Haiti. Is this really seeing Haiti? I didn't quite think so, but I like to think that we were helping the economy of this poor country by partaking of its beauty and market vendors. There were two parts of the beach to go to and we chose the one with the water park for the children. They had lots of inflatable floats for the kids to play on, a trampoline, and a log for them to run across. They had a great time. Royal Carribbean also had a bbq lunch for us to share in.
I would say that Haiti was the place for relaxing. We had no plans to do anything other than enjoy the beach. This was our opportunity for pure relaxation. It didn't quite work out that way. Andy and I wanted to be down by the water's edge watching the children, making sure they were ok. And because we had three children wandering off in different directions, we didn't get a lot of time to relax. At a couple of different points we were showered with little storms. We tried to walk around and see as much of Haiti as we could. It really was beautiful and the part where we were was pretty much untouched. Andy and I could only spot one road and very few houses. It was a great first location.
4 comments:
The water inflatables look like fun. I'm enjoying reading about your cruise.
OK, when you told me water park I imagined lazy river and water slides. This looks totally aweome! Can we make one of these balance beam/trampoline obstacle courses at our pool this summer! I would have definitely done the water park.
Fun pictures! I need a vacation. Except I'm thinking more along the lines of one without my kids... ; )
What neat pics and and what a grand time for your family!!
Post a Comment