First of all, let me apologize for the delay in blogging. I do have a lot to catch up on.
Grand Caymen was one of our favorite places on the cruise. Through the cruise ship, we set up a dolphin excursion. I knew this was going to be one of our favorite activities. And it was. We took a 15 minute ride to Dolphin Discovery where we were about to encounter a dolphin. This was going to be something we all experienced for the first time together. I love when I have an experience with my children where we are all experiencing it for the first time. I think it reminds me to be young at heart. I love watching their reaction, their excitement; it somehow makes me more excited about the event. Their reactions are so unfettered by social conventions, expectations, or others; it is so organic. They simply feel and it comes out. Even Tobin was in awe as we walked into the pool area and we saw the different dolphins. Noah was so excited, doing small jumps, and Brenna just kept shouting "look, a dolphin!"
Finally, we were able to go into the pool with our dolphin, Kopi. He was from Mexico and was about 7/8 years old. We got to pet him, (he felt like a wet mushroom), clap hands with him, kiss him, swim with him pulling us, and we got to be pushed from behind by him as we held onto a boogie board. Each time was so fun, and exciting. Kopi really just seemed like he was smiling all the time! The best way to describe it is to show you the video and pictures they took of us (which I'm hoping Andy will help me with soon). Yes, I spent a bit of money on the pictures and video, but as I told Brenna, "I chose to spend my money on pictures, rather than at the arcade or the spa. This is worth it to me!"
After the dolphin discovery, Brenna and I separated from the boys. Brenna and I went to the turtle cove and saw amazing turtles, ranging in size from those that fit into the palms of Brenna's hands to ones that she could have ridden on the backs of. It was really a fun place to go.
Turtle Cove
Andy was able to arrange a snuba diving trip for the boys. SNuba is a great introduction to scuba diving as it gives you the feel of it with the breathing mask and being below the water about 20-30 feet, but the difference is that the oxygen is floating on a raft on top of the water so it isn't compressed. So, you are attached to the tank with a thin tube.
Andy was able to arrange for a private tour for just the three of them. How lucky! Apparently they had a lot of luck in what they saw as well. Their private guide told them that this was the single best tour she had been on in terms of what they saw. Noah and Tobin were able to see a lobster, trout, flounder, turtle and barracuda as well as other fish and coral. Tobin and Noah did a great job and really "know" they want to get scuba certified now! What a great experience for them!
2 comments:
this all just looks so amazing, so far away, so different, so colorful. It looks like you had such a fun trip together. I'm so happy for you all.
xo
oh, and you are doing a great job with your camera! The photos are awesome.
Post a Comment