So here's the story to go with these pictures!! In the second picture you see Noah right up against someone on the other team. You can't tell exactly what's going on, but let me tell you that the other team is holding Noah. And he kept doing it. So, Andy heard Noah say at one point, "The kid keeps pushing me."
Unfortunately, the other kid decided to say, "Too bad." Now at this point, I must digress to say that nothing infuriates me more or gives me more insight that his parents are doing something wrong. I'm sorry, that may be harsh, but what kid thinks like that? I would have expected something like, "no, I'm not," or "I can't help it." But nothing as malevolent as "too bad," which shows no remorse. He was also kicking Noah in the back of his leg. Anyway, back on track.
So, as I said unfortunately the other kid said this which made Noah take matters into his own hands. The next time Noah saw this kid coming at him, knowing that the kid would grab him to hold him back again, Noah decided to lunge at the kid, kind of do a little juke at him. When the kid realized that Noah was willing to come at him, he changed his tune and left Noah alone for the rest of the game!! I also have to say that after Noah did that he looked at Andy, saw that Andy wasn't wholly upset and smiled as if to say I took care of it.
Now, I have to say that I really hate it that Noah resorted to implied violence, but on the other hand, talking didn't work. The other team player had no interest in what was right or following rules and Noah wasn't willing to have it continue the rest of the time. I'm not sure what Noah should have done. I actually fault the coach and parents of this other kid for not being aware of what was happening and stopping it.
No comments:
Post a Comment