Teddy's candle lighting ceremony! I love this part of the celebration. Teddy lights a candle with help from the people who have meant the most to him.
I love this picture of the 3 of us.
The whole gang! Tobin is right in the middle, sort of hiding behind Teddy's hat.
Our "adult" gang spending time together at the bar mitzvah.
I have loved, loved, loved going to the bar mitzvah's with Tobin. I was so excited to go to this bar mitzvah and celebrate with our friends. Teddy, whose bar mitzvah it was, was so excited. He is usually so restrained and quiet, but on this day, the day of his bar mitzvah, he let loose and had a great time. He was the first to be brought up on the dance floor and I was amazed at the largeness of his movements. Teddy was having a great time. It was so much fun celebrating with lots of friends as well; Andy and I loved who was at our table.
One of the most fun things that the DJ did was a game where each adult had to choose one teenager to dance with. For the first song (from my generation) the child had to imitate whatever we did. For the second song (their generation) we had to imitate what our young partner did. I deliberately didn't grab Tobin, knowing how easily embarassed he gets of us these days; I thought I would let Andy handle him (wasn't that nice of me?). I chose one of Tobin's friends whose parents wasn't at the party. I had a fun time and I think Tobin's friend was happy that I was pretty contemporary.
But I must say, that Andy and Tobin did great together. Some of you will remember Andy's break dancing days; we'll he's still got the moves! Tobin was actually impressed, even if he didn't want to say it. I do think it helped that the DJ gave Andy huge props and high fives for his efforts. Andy loved it! Tobin is quite the dancer and it was fun watching him quickly pick up the latest moves from the DJ. It's called the stinky leg. Look it up on Youtube. Tobin did a great job and was able to add in a bowling ball leg to it. It probably looks better in my mind than yours, but totally fun.
1 comment:
great pictures. so fun to see some of your friends.
Post a Comment