Sunday, November 1, 2009

Andy's 40th Birthday



Andy turned 40 in the middle of October. I have planned for the last 5 years how we would celebrate his B-I-G birthday. In my mind it was always so fun and different and something people would remember! But it's amazing how in my daydreaming, I never imagined our current situation into the dream. Did I mention that in my birthday daydream, money grows on trees?

So, in a nutshell, my 40th birthday celebration daydream went up against our reality and goals of saving for a house. What to do? Save for the house we want so much to get back to or spend $$ on a night of revelry and fun? Since I haven't blogged I guess you know which one we chose. We went against the American way and decided we needed to save for our house. So, it has made it hard for me to blog about his birthday.

I must say though, that it truly was celebrated the way it should be celebrated--with family and a lot of love. We went with Andy to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants--The Pines. Italian through and through.











A second celebration at home on his actual birthday! The pjs give away that it was bedtime by the time we got to celebrate with Andy.



Happy Birthday, Andy!! One day, I will give you that party in my dreams.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I am so curious. Why is 40 (and I guess 70) BIG birthday's? I guess birthdays have never been a big deal to me so I am just trying to figure it out. What other birthdays are big? That way I know when to ask for something big.

Paige said...

Steve, For you every birthday is B-I-G! My question is: Why haven't birthdays ever been a big deal???? Are you existential or something?