Thursday, February 11, 2010

What to do? What to do? Wait...I know

So, we've been pretty lazy with this blizzard. Except for shoveling, cooking, cleaning and catching up on our shows, I would say we've been pretty boring. It's kinda hard when you can't go anywhere. I've been starting to feel that this beautiful, powdery white stuff has turned into a white padded cell. I'm going stir crazy. And my kids HATE it when I take pictures so I have to use caution these days about when I pull the camera out. So, here are a few of the pictures where I risked injury to myself in taking these. But hey, it made for a little excitement in a different ways.




Andy coming back from his many rounds of shoveling.  This time, it's really high though.



Tobin with his cousins Brett and Bradley and their friend Colin.  These boys spent the night and then hung out.  They went trekking through the blizzard snow and jumped off the roof of the portables into the blanket of snow on the ground.



Noah with his friends on their way to build forts with ALL the snow we're getting.

Brenna and her friend Mac are getting ready to jump off our landing onto the soft parachute of snow.  Brenna saw her brothers doing it and wasn't about to be left out!  Mac, her friend seems to be as much of a daredevil as Brenna and wanted in on the whole act.
I love this picture.  She looks like she could be parachuting!  Where does she get her fearlessness from?  Not from me, especially when it comes to heights.






Mac's turn!





I love these pictures!!  Sorry, Katie, but Mac not only survived, she thrived on the thrill of it.  What else are you gonna do in a blizzard like this?  :)

2 comments:

ann said...

I love those pictures! They all capture the blizzards (note the plural there), esp the one of Andy in snow up to his waist!

A Wedding Story said...

That is a massive amount of snow and you have some brave kiddos!