Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Traditions-Class Parties

Halloween "Walk for the Homless"




Class Party

     It was a little sad for me to realize I didn't have to do any running back and forth from Brenna's party to Noah's party.  Boohoo!  With Noah in middle school now, I really am down to my last baby.  I was able to stay in Brenna's room the entire time and felt a little like a fish out of water.  I didn't have a job to do until the end of the party and Brenna really wouldn't let me take any pictures of her.  I don't know why she doesn't like it.  
     They had some fun activities that I wasn't in charge of.  They got to make their own caramel apples with candy to attach with the caramel.  And they had this activity where you had to put your hand in the bowl of "shrunken ears,"  "hollowed eyes" and "kidneys and liver" and then the children had to guess what it really was.  Pretty ghoulish if you ask me.
     They got several treat bags and had a great time.  There was also a parade before the parties even started.  But because it was so brisk outside, it was a pretty quick walk.  :)


The greek goddess, Athena, a Georgia cheerleader, and our Texas cowgirl!

Caroline, Brenna, Lindsay, and Mackenzie!  The best ghoulfriends a girl could have!

The guessing game.  Pretty gross if you ask me.




David Beckham.  When I told Brenna her new name was Victoria, she didn't have a clue.  Poor girl.  You can kind of see the look of confusion on her face.  Or it may be the fact that I was making her take a picture with a boy!
Brenna with her teacher Mrs. Lubkin.  So cute.  She's such a busy bee.


Neighborhood party.  This was a mere 2 hours later.   We had to come up with an inpromptu costume quick as it is very cold.  This is a little warmer than her Athena costume.  She has long sleeves AND a jean jacket.  She doesn't understand the concept of "It will be cold later."  We'll see how she does!


American girl cowgirl and a powderpuff football team member!  Happy Haunting girls.  Remember, don't talk to strangers, but it's ok to take candy from them!   What?

No comments: