Saturday, November 20, 2010

Niagra Falls...or Does It












Andy took Bre on a work trip to Buffalo where he had to give a presentation! Brenna was so excited and packed herself for the trip.  She took 6 outfits for 3 days!  Andy's presentation was in the same hotel where they stayed and Andy originally was going to leave her in the room while he did his presentation.  But the night before they left, she said, "But Daddy, I'll be scared." So  he told her not to worry, he would find a way for her to be in the room during the presentation.

Brenna loves to be Andy's secretary. She will often go into his office and say, "Daddy, how is your work today?  And how is CL doing?  Do you think today will be a good numbers day?"  I thought she would continue this while they were in Buffalo, but she seemed to have forgotten anything about it.  While Andy was giving his presentation, Brenna sat in the back of the room and either watched him or played on his ipad.  I absolutely thought she would take this opportunity to critique him on his tone, eye contact and so on....as his boss of course.  I think she knew a good gig when she saw one and knew that she better not say anything if she ever hoped to come back on a "business" trip with him again.

After the presentation, they had the day free to go to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.  Brenna was so tickled that she would get a country stamp that I might not have on our passports!!  She loved Niagra Falls.  She saw so many rainbows no matter where she looked.  She had never seen that before.  She loved Pop and Lolly's the candy shop at the falls.  And they ate lunch at the Niagra Falls restaurant.

They ate dinner that night in Tornto at the Canada Tower (Space Needle) restaurant.  Brenna loved that the restaurant rotated in a circle.  She took delight in small things and in being small to her Daddy.  She wrapped Daddy around her little finger.

They had a great trip!

1 comment:

Tiercy said...

I've been meaning to ask you about her trip. I love the pictures! What a daddy-daughter date!