Thursday, February 17, 2011
Brenna's Valentine's Party
Valentine's Day wasn't so much fun--I spent it sick with strep throat and the worst part was I was supposed to have 11 of Brenna's friends over for a party. No. The worst part of it was I was sick enough that I wasn't able to plan anything for Andy. (I'm not sure what his excuse is :))
So, I had to postpone the party until today. I was glad I waited because I thoroughly enjoyed the party and her friends. I thought I was ready. I had done so much legwork to get ready. I had....oh well, it doesn't matter. Let's just suffice it to say that I couldn't have done it without some of the other moms who stayed to help!
The thing I think the girls liked best was the cookie contest. The girls decorated cookies and then had a heart shaped cookie to use for the cookie contest. One of the things that tickled their fancy was that I had them name their cookie for the contest. They really liked it. We gave out an award for all of the cookies so that everyone would win (some of the cookie awards were best cookie name, future cookie designer, prettiest, best use of sprinkles, most colorful, cookie you most want to eat, and cookie you will most remember)! The hardest part of the night was trying to figure out who won what award. Luckily, I had put two hard working girls onto the task and they stepped right up!! Thanks Kimberly and Barbara.
The girls also made Valentine's for each other and decorated a mailbox with stickers and paint. They seemed to have so much fun. My biggest success of the night was that I had decided to feed them dinner as part of the night, no that's not it. But I got half the girls to eat green beans for part of their dinner! I fixed tortellini with parm cheese and butter and the green beans on the side. And they ate it-well some of them did. I just didn't want to serve pizza or chix nuggets!
I hope they had a great Valentine's Day and that they will remember it! Happy Valentine's Day baby girl. I hope you liked it.
Brenna's class made this during the Valentine's party for all of the wounded veterans at Walter Reed to see. I think they did a great job!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What a cute group of girls! Of course, we all know which one is the cutest!
Post a Comment