We had a wonderful Christmas dinner with Andy's family on the 23rd. We usually do a Christmas Eve dinner but some had plans to travel and we didn't want them running into Santa's sleigh so we had our "traditional" dinner early. Lamb is usually our main meal and this year didn't disappoint. Andy made a wonderful lamb with stuffing,...mmmmm. We had roasted rosemary potatoes (I actually helped make those and realized that there actually was something called rosemary), Andy's mom's wonderful holiday jello salad, and green beans.
The real fun started when Andy pulled out the karoake machine that, due to unconcealed packaging, became an early Christmas present rather than one that remained hidden until Christmas morning. (I don't think the kids have realized that maybe they should be complaining that Daddy got his present before Christmas, why shouldn't they.) I will tell ya, that karoake brings things out in people that you didn't know existed! It took a while but Andy's brother and his son had quite the fun time with it. We stayed up til 1:00 in the morning, singing the night away. I must say that Sarah, Ali and I make quite the singing trio!!
2 comments:
What a fun night! Anyone trying out for American Idol now?
BTW - cute cake!! Thanks for posting a picture for me.
Post a Comment