Do you know when you have one of those moments where you're proven right? And the little child in you wants to gloat about it, but the grown-up adult side of you says to let it go? Well, the little child in me is winning.
All during Christmas break our children stayed up late. How late? Let's just say I'm embarrassed to tell you how late late. My children seemed to take it in stride and I realized exactly how much of a night owl my Noah really is which is so foreign to my own bio-rhythms that it just doesn't make sense. Now staying up late is only half of it. If they slept in that might have been one thing, but oh no, they continued to get up early, hardly later than during the week for school.
I remember having a conversation with my good friend Katie where the same thing was happening in her household. And yes, we agreed that the late night antics had more to do with our husbands than with us. When you say it out loud, it just sounds wrong (to me), an eight year old should not be staying up to midnight. Brenna was battling a cold and needed her sleep. But our husbands felt like it was "vacation" and they wanted to make it fun for them. We lamented what the next week would be like and we would be lucky if no one got sick.
Luckily we only had three days of school to go back to. Andy and I tried to do our part: our children were in bed by 8:30. Tobin (of course) was asleep by 8:45, but our littler munchkins were still coming out of their beds at 10:30. I can tell you that I am not sympathetic mom at even 9:30, so can't you imagine that my kids would have thought the safety and sanction of their beds were better than facing the wrath of mom? No, they didn't get it at first. I think at the 10:30 sighting, they finally got the message that mom was not happy about them being awake. But the wide-awake antics still continued from Wednesday night to Thursday night and then on Friday.....
In school, Brenna begins to not feel so well. She is achy and pale. So, her teacher sends her to the health room only to find out that she also has a temperature! Wonder why..... And as she is laying down resting while the nurse tries to find her information to call us so we can pick her up, who walks in through the health room door, into Brenna's line of vision? Yep.....Noah!!!! Noah has a headache and says he needs to go to the health room. Again, hmm........how can this be? (At this point I must digress and say how healthy my kids are. Between Noah's 3 year check up and his 4 year check up he didn't go to the doctor's once! They rarely have colds or mundane things like that.) And now to have them both in the health room at once.....Is there a lesson here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny! And here I thought your kids were angels at bedtime. Welcome to my world of bedtime. Gotta laugh or you'd cry. Hang in there.
Post a Comment