Yesterday, Andy took Noah out shoe shopping. They must have had quite the experience, although I did find out later that a stop to Candy World my have contributed to the following interaction. Here is a phone call between Noah and me (with Andy listening):
Noah: Hi, Mom. Ok, what did you say you wanted from Taco Bell?
Me: I want the quesadilla combo with a soft taco. Could you also tell Daddy to get an extra taco to for Brenna? Can you remember that, sweetie?
N: Yes. Ok, dad- she wants 2 quesadillas and one soft taco.
Me: Noah, honey, that's not right. I want the combo with only 1 quesadilla and soft taco. And then an extra taco. Oh, Noah, I also want a diet coke.
Noah: Ok, Mom, I know now. Dad, she wants a quesadilla and two soft tacos.
Me: Great, he got it right!! Oh wait, he did'nt say the drink. Noah?
Noah: Umm, Mom, did you want chicken or steak?
Me: Steak or chicken? hmmm, steak, no-- I want chicken. I also want a diet pepsi, ok?
Noah: Dad, she wants a chicken taco and a steak quesadilla. And she wants a doctor pepsi.
Me: No--ah--I want it the other way around. A chicken quesadilla and a regular taco. Doctor pepsi, silly, it's diet pepsi.
I started to laugh at the comedy of errors that was presenting itself. And then I heard Andy's laughter echoing in the car, and my laughter became uncontrollable.
Noah: Dad she wants....dad, I really don't know what she wants. Can you talk to her? And he hands me still laughing over to Andy, just like that .
It was nice to laugh at this. When I saw Noah the giggles started all over again. I love laughter and wish I brought it more often to our home. I'm grateful that Andy brings in much of the laughter in our house and that the boys (and Brenna) also love laughter and will often laugh at the silly things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is such a cute post. what is it the Elder Ballard said: Joy of Motherhood comes in moments. I love this and this post clearly illustrates his meaning.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment