Someone once told me they hadn't written in their journal because they were too busy "living" to do so. Well, that is how I feel. Let me see if I can give you a quick recap of our days.
1. Noah has worked hard on mastering the songs on his recorder. The music teacher has likened the process to getting your black belt in karate. When you have mastered a song you get a belt color according to the level of the song. So, for the first song, you get a white belt, for the second song a yellow belt, until you get the coveted black belt with the song "Ode to Joy". I am amazed at how much Noah practiced and practiced!! He loved playing his recorder.
2. Mother's Day was absolutely fabulous. We had a great time. The best compliment of the day came from Brenna's card when she said she wanted to be a Mommy just like me. I'm sure Kleenex invented this day as I used almost a whole box to contain my emotions. Noah's poem also sent me back to the kleenex box! Some things are just too big to contain. Tobin's Mother's Day hug was extra long and decidely communicative. Litte did he know that he too had given me the best Mother's Day gift when just two days before he had backed out of going to a movie with friends because they were going to see "Baby Mama." I digress, but what 12 year old would choose to go see "Baby Mama"? To see your tween child making good choices does more than melt your heart. My mom and step-dad came over and we had a wonderful dinner. Poor Andy grilled our steaks out in the pouring rain, but oh so worth it. The steak melted in my mouth!! And then he cleaned up too. I love my husband and am the luckiest girl in the world!!
3. Girl's Night Out--Let's just say I have had the last three nights (Thurs, Fri. and Saturday) to go out with girlfriends. How did I get so lucky? I can't believe it ended up that way, but I had soooo much fun. It made me realize how lucky I am to have so many good friends. Thursday night was a banquet for school media specialists. Afterwards, a few of us girls had drinks (they had white russians and I had water), and planned our trip we are taking in the fall. Friday, I had dinner with moms I have become friends with through Brenna's dance class. Brenna no longer takes dance, but we get together for dinner as often as we can. Then we saw "What Happens in Vegas" which I actually liked. And last night, friends from church all went to see "Made of Honor" which was not good. But it was fun being with the girls and talking afterwards while we waited for the guys to get out of "Ironman" which I know we all secretly wished we had gone to see as well.
4. Character Counts: Brenna's school has a program called Character Counts. Each month a teacher chooses a student to put their handprint on a pillar at the front of the school and for May choose Brenna (she had demonstrated the pillar of citizenship by caring for others). She was so excited!! Andy and I were lucky enough to both be there for the momentous occasion. It is fun to see Brenna excited because it is sooo infectious. You just can't help but smile. :). She giggled as the volunteer rolled the paint onto her hand. She then, of course, had to climbe the ladder and put her hand as high as she could reach on the pillar. I had her hold the pose while I tried to get several great pictures. Tried is the operative word, but they are still cute. Brenna loved the attention of it all!! Good job, girl!!
5. Basketball--Tobin is playing for a Junior NBA team that Andy is coaching. Tobin has improved immensely from his winter season and I love it. He hustles!! Tobin's team is the youngest and SMALLEST team in the league. Some boys from the other teams stand almost six feet tall and have what I swear could be a 5 o'clock shadow! How is Tobin supposed to defend against that!? And yet, he never gives up. I have had so much fun watching him. Andy has had a great time being their coach.
6. We got American Idol tickets!!! I can't believe it, but we got tickets to see the top 10 idol contestants on their summer tour!! We are divided in our house over which David we want to win, but we will be watching this week together, as a family! May be the best David win. This will be Brenna and Noah's first concert! I remember my first concert--Shaun Cassidy!!
While I have been writing this, I have tried to upload both video and pictures, so I guess something is wrong on the blog servers. I will try one more option, but if that doesn't work, I will have to post pictures for this blog later. :) Keep your fingers crossed. I hope everyone continues to enjoy their spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh good, i was going to ask you for pictures!! what a busy month you have had! I love blogging because it helps to chronicle your life. Fun post.
I am soooo impressed with your blog! What effort & detail you put into it, Paige! I'm proud if I can get a couple of pictures on mine. I'm not too swift at my blog. You go, girl!
Love your blog, Paige! It's fun to see pictures of your kids and get a little glimpse into Pagley life.
Post a Comment