Monday, June 30, 2008

Brett's bar mitzvah










Our nephew Brett had his bar mitzvah this past Saturday. It was quite a party and experience. It was a whole day affair as the bar mitzvah was a morning ceremony and the party was at night. I can only tell you that the band they had was so awesome that they had to book them two years ago! They were worth it. They certainly knew how to get the crowd going. They had dancers to help teach dances, they allowed people to help sing with them (something I did not take advantage of), and knew how to integrate old with young. Andy practiced the "Soldja Boy" dance just in case they played it; they did! The band gave out sunglasses and hats for songs like "soul man" and "I will survive."
The food was also so wonderful. Dinner was sea bass and filet minon; how can you go wrong? It was so good. The other great thing was that we were able to spend time with family from out of town. It was so much fun talking with them and catching up with them. I have a lot of pictures but will only share a few. I think Brenna looks so beautiful and my boys made my heart melt. In fact, at the end of the night, I saw Tobin putting his cell number into a girl's phone. When we asked him about it later on that night, on the way home, he couldn't remember the girl's name!! It was great and we felt great to be able to celebrate with Brett.

No comments: