Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Just a Good Day
I know, when it rains it pours. And since this is the first post you see, you might not realize it is like my fourth of the day, but I had to say this. I love, love, love my boys. I was getting ready for company and needed to get my house clean, but I had extended errands and was stressing about how I was going to get it all done. I walked in the door last night around 8:00 ready to clean and couldn't believe how clean the main level was. It had been cleaned!!! I thought it was Andy, but he told me it was Tobin and Noah! I was in tears-- my boys realized my stress and found a way to not only help me, but make me feel pure joy in my veins!! I am amazed at what great kids I have. They are truly turning out to be kids that I can be proud of and truly happy to have around. And the cherry on top was that as I walked upstairs, I saw a load of towels folded. The imperfection of the folded towels is what made me cry like a baby again. To see the imperfect lines, to realize that someone not used to folding towels had folded them, grabbed at my heartstrings and pulled. I wish I had taken a picture before putting them away to remind me of what is always right in front of me: what a wonderful show of family unity my kids have shown me. I love, love, love my boys. Tobin will be 12 on Sunday and it makes me want to go out and buy him the world. But, I hope he feels like I do, that he already has the world. I wish the same for Noah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so sweet. Doesn't it go straight to the heart when your kids help out and do things without being begged :-)
Post a Comment