3.17.11 Brenna called me at work today to say, "Mom, I have a fashion question for you!" So cute. Maybe it was the way she said it. 2.1.11 I said, "Brenna, your room is so messy."
Brenna said, "I know mom, a tornado came through it."
12.3.10 At a stop light all is quiet when Noah says, "You mean we're going to let a little red dot tell us what to do?"
11.28.10 We were all eating breakfast when Noah's friend Aidan calls and tells Noah something he was happy about. After Noah got off the phone, he said, "Aidan has issues." When we asked what his issues were, he said, "Aidan has a new pair of shoes."
11.27.10 As we were sitting at a stop light, Noah says "are we really going to let a little dot tell us what to do?"
11.4.10 Tierc was in town for our birthday celebration. At one point we were at lunch, talking, and having fun. Todd said something (I have no idea what), but I looked at him and said, "stop it, Tobin." Tiercy laughed and said, "That's not Tobin, that's Tyler!" Neither one of us could say the name we wanted too.
1.16.10 Brenna and I were playing a card game called "trash." Unfortunately, that led to some trash talking by Brenna and she said to me, AFTER she cheated, "I will rock your world into funny." LOL
11.15.09 A few of us were sitting around the dining room table and I was telling Andy about Brenna's dress that I had made for her. Andy told me that he was excited to see the dress and Tobin said, "Really, dad?" We all laughed. We all know the truth.
11.14.09 Last night Brenna was sleeping on the floor in her brother's room. She came into my room and told me she was having trouble sleeping. I replied that I wasn't surprised because the floor was so hard and maybe she should go sleep in her room. She quickly replied, "I'm going to go back to their room. I think I'm almost asleep."
10.3.09 We were at Brenna's soccer game cheering on her team. She has about 5 of her really good friends on the team and we are friends with their parents. We go out with them, hang out with them, etc. At the game, we cheer for all of the girls, regardless of who they belong to. One of our friends was yelling for Brenna yesterday. We would hear her say, "Get back Brenna." "Brenna, turn that ball around." Brenna, it's a goal kick"etc. At one point, she turned to Andy and me and said, "I need to stop; she's not even my child. I must have a disorder."
8.25.09 Brenna and Tobin had to get warts "frozen" off at the dermotologist's office. In the middle of the procedure, Brenna started to cry. She was so brave, but it was this really sad cry. I would have done anything to stop it, at that moment! So, I told her she could have a treat afterwards, whatever she wanted! Without missing a beat, she broke into a smile and said she wanted a puppy! The dr. looked up with a laugh and said that no one had ever said that before. That's my Bre.
6.18.09 The other morning as I was getting ready for work, I heard my two little ones rustling around. As I walked down the hallway, I saw them running back into bed, only this time they were in one bed together. I hurried over to join them. As I was putting the covers over me, I looked at them and said, "who are we hiding from?" They looked at me and belly laughed. It's great to know I can make them laugh out loud!
5.8.09 Last night Brenna came into our bed around 11:00. She's been sleeping with Noah in his bed and she told me last night that Noah had kicked her out of his bed. When I asked why, she said, "It was because I said something not nice to him." When she explained what it was, I thought it wasn't that bad. There was a moment of silence, and then in the dark, came this small voice where she said, "that may not be the only reason why he kicked me out." Andy and I simply laughed as our imaginations definitely filled in the gaps as to what could have happened.
4.6.09 We were asking Noah about how much he weighed and he replied: "I weigh 91 lbs. with my clothes on and my toothbrush in my mouth."
1.15.09 Noah and Brenna had just had a moment where they weren't very nice to each other. So, I was making Noah give Brenna a hug as part of making up and as he leans in and hugs her, he says, "This isn't for real."
11.26.08 Me: Tobin, I hope you have a child just like you!!
Tobin: Why do you want me to get off so easy?
11.15.08 Brenna to her cousin, Julianna: "Juls, can you make your eyes look at each other?"
9.26.08 After Noah opened up the second nerf gun for his birthday party, Brenna said, "Those aren't for shooting little sisters!"
9.7.08 Andy once told Brenna this joke: "Are you from Jamaica?"
Brenna said, "No, why?"
"Because ja'makin me crazy!"
So, Brenna came up with this one for him, " Are you from Las Vegas?"
Andy replied, "No, why?"
"Because you're losin' me, here."
7.17.08 Last night at Gram's house we called to Noah to come down to talk to us for a minute. We could hear in his voice that he didn't want to and was resistant. When this happens lately, Andy and I are trying the strategy of using humor. So when Noah came down, Andy jokingly said, "yes, Noah what did you want? You wanted to tell us something!" Yeah, Noah responded by laughing and said, "You wanted me. Am I being hijinxed or something?" We laughed out loud and said, "Noah the word is hijacked." Turns out the last laugh is on us as there is a show called Hijinxed!
Brenna came bouncing into my room this morning (7/11/08) and said, "Mommy, someone put a red towel with my name on it on my bed and it had a white ribbon with black polka dots wrapped around it."
"Do you like it?"
"I looove it!"
Also, as part of our conversation Brenna said, "Mommy, there was no card with it, so how do I know who it is from?"
So, I said, "Brenna if it had a card with it, it would say this: Dearest Brenna. This is your mommy. I love you very much and wanted you to have this towel. Everytime you wrap yourself in it, it is a hug from me! Love, your mommy."
This morning, Brenna was very full of herself. Andy told her she needed a tissue and to please go get one. She replied with, "Your not the boss of me." Andy then proceeded to tell her that he was indeed the boss of her and could make her do all sorts of things. After Andy finished up, she said, "I liked the old Andy better."
(late winter 2008) When Andy told Brenna that Gram's heart was sick, Brenna said, "Daddy, we should take her a jump rope," as if that clearly explained something. When Andy questioned her, she said, "Daddy, we are learning in school that jumping rope will make your heart happy and healthy. So, we should just take her a jump rope." Jump Rope for Heart was Andy's program when he worked for the AHA (American Heart Association), so it hit Andy doubly hard to hear his daughter say those words.
Brenna has been playing basketball for a couple of weeks now and loves it!! Her dancing.... not so much. When we were coming home from dance the other day, she said, "Mom, let's face it. I'm a sports girl, not a dance girl." Oh, break my heart.
After coming home from spending the night with her Grandmother, Brenna was decidedly happy. Mom-mom had given her a webkinz for her birthday. How many does Brenna have now? Anway, Mom-mom gave her $20 extra dollars and what did Brenna choose to buy with it? You guessed it--two webkinz. When she came home and told her Daddy about the new toys, he said, "Brenna, don't you have enough webkinz?"
Brenna replied, "Webkinz is my life."
Tonight at dinner, Noah was having a hard time cutting his food. After he fought with the chicken, he got a little frustrated with the squash, so I reached over to help him. As I was cutting the squash, I simply said, "Noah, it just takes patience and magic." He quickly replied, "...and an adult fork."
(November 2008) Tobin recently had his end of year football banquet. The coach gave individual players that had excelled at things during the season an envelope with their name on it. I went up to him to see what was in his envelope and Tobin brings out a $20 bill and says, "Look Mom, my first paycheck."
2 comments:
Way to rock the party, Tobin!
Tobin looks pretty comfortable hanging out with a bunch of 7 year olds!
Post a Comment