Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Celebrating Delaney's birthday





We had a great start to our spring break celebrating (our goddaughter) Delaney's birthday. Delaney loves chix parmesan so Katie made that with salad and bread. It was wonderful and Delaney couldn't help but feel like a princess to have the dinner of her choice. Cake and ice cream were the cherry on top of the dinner. We sang happy birthday and then off the kids went.
Lately, with Tobin out of the picture, Delaney, Noah, Jay and Brenna have been choreographing dances to songs that they then want to perform for us!! What courage. This night was no exception. Up the stairs they came to tell us they had something to show us. Down the stairs we went to be a rapt audience. We had a lot of fun watching them. This was their third time and this time it worked like a charm; they did a great job and actually had some really good choreography. I love watching them. Each time I do, I am amazed at their courage because I remember one time as a young girl, spending the night at a friend's house, I got up to "dance" in front of her parents and I hardly moved at all. Inside, I felt like I was, but looking back I saw that, frozen with fear, my movements were a small gesture of what I had practiced for them in the safety of a bedroom. So, I was all applause when they finished. I am so excited for them that they are sure enough to put on a show and make big movements in front of the adults. Now, when we mentioned talent show....they screamed. It was a great night. We missed Tobin though who is at the beach with friends.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW I have not seen the Shah's in forever! How old is Delaney now? 11?
She looks just like her Daddy!

Hi Katie, Hi Manish!!

Tiercy said...

How fun! I wish I could see what they are coming up with for teh dancing. I bet it is sooooo cute!!