I can hardly believe we have lived near my brother, had children at the same time since their daughter was born 8 years ago and we have never dyed Easter eggs together before. I'm glad we decided to start a "tradition" today! Michelle and I were amazed at how quickly all of the eggs were bright and multi-colored. We reminisced: Michell about making the perfect rainbow colored egg with her brother (I don't think I ever attempted to make a rainbow egg) and I remembered using rubber bands to make multi-colored eggs by wrapping the thick and thin rubber bands around the eggs and then layering the dip on the eggs adding a rubber band with each new layer of dye. It was a lot of fun. I think all of our children just dove in and went for it. I was certainly amazed by the lack of planning on Noah and Brenna's part to make any "art" out of their eggs. They just had complete abandonment and true excitement about dipping the white egg in and having a bright egg coming out of the cup.
I don't need to mention that my daughter must have abandoned rule following the most as she dyed 9 eggs while the others only dyed 5 or 6. Oh well.
Thanks Todd for making us lunch. You make a great tuna sandwich.
Happy Easter and happy Easter activities everyone!
3 comments:
Oh so much fun!!! We were so glad you all came up to spend the afternoon with us!
Love you guys!
Why wasn't I invited? I would have surly made the trip. I am glad you guys do things like this together. Dozens of cousins makes things so much fun.
buy more eggs next year!! LOL
Post a Comment