

Every year the focus of April Fool's is not on me, but rather my sister whose birthday is today. Happy Birthday, sis! Yes, she usurped my right to have an April Fool's where my mom could focus on trickery and wiliness, instead she was worried about birthday cake and balloons and the like. But today changed that, thanks Andy. I was fooled for the first time in years!!
Let me explain. I was sitting at my computer at work, working very studiously, I might add when we received a phone call from the main office that the lights were on on my Honda! So, I quickly jumped up, grabbed my keys and headed out the doors to get some fresh air, happy for the little walk I was getting. Now, I will tell you all of the details in order to give you a more complete picture. As I walked to my car I was thinking all kinds of things, but mostly I was focusing on my new way of walking. You see, I have hired a running trainer to teach me how to run again! We met yesterday and for the first 10 minutes we watched children running around at the park. It was amazing to see the principles she was teaching us in action on these small children. It reminds me that everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten. So, I was trying to walk with my stomach tight, my pelvis turned in and my mid-rif stretched as much as I could to be in the right posture. But being new at this, I haven't really opted to show people, especially the people I love what I'm doing, becuase to be perfectly honest, I feel a little silly because it doesn't feel natural anymore. Years of running the wrong way has changed the way my body is positioned so doing it the right way feels funny. But as I was walking to my car, I was practicing. But I really didn't care, because, who was watching?.
So, I walked to where I thought I remembered parking my car, only it wasn't there. My first instinct was to think I had parked there yesterday and simply didn't remember the correct spot for today. Because, let's face it, I have parked all over that parking spot throughout the whole year. So, I looked around, no where did I see my gray, steely-hued crossover peeking at me. Hmm....what to do?
So, I pulled out my keys and pushed the door to lock it because my car makes a sound when it's locked. Only I didn't hear it. I walked a little but up the aisle a litte more to see if I hadn't gone far enough. When that failed, I pushed the panic button all the while trying not to panic. You see, I haven't had great luck with my car recently. It was the victim of a hit and run and so it was in the shop for a few days. Pushing the panic button made nothing happen except hit the on button to my panic. So, I thought that my car must have been stolen!! How??? What was I going to do? How was I going to get home?
Readers, at this point, I must tell you that friends of mine had both of their cars stolen last year, so it wasn't entirely out of the realm of unreal possibility to think this way.
As I was about to cry, Andy must have sensed this, he pulled up in my Honda flashing the lights. As he got closer I saw that he had a balloon in it that read: I got April Fooled and he was laughing hysterically!! Hahaha, April fools!! I haven't been fooled in a long time.
Oh, one more thing. He brought me a piece of cake to sweeten the deal!
I only have one thing to say Mr. Pagley: "fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice shame on me!"
3 comments:
you gotta love all the effort that went into that. good one, andy!
Nice one Andy!!
Paige, didn't some small part of you want to start looking around for the hidden video camera?
We had no joking going around here. We were waiting (some of us sobbing) for the impending death of Drew's beloved goldfish. I'm working on that post now!
Meredith did call me to try to talk me into switch houses with someone to "fool" Todd when he walked in on a different family. Seriously! I told her it sounded more like an April pain in the neck than an April Fools Joke!
I have 2 things to write. The first is that was a good one to your hubby. I would have been so mad! Then, you actually hired a running-coach?? Who knew they existed??
Post a Comment