Great story, huh!!




My story about the youth overnight as told to me:
Our ward had a youth overnight recently and it was sooo easy to let T go. He, and the rest of the youth, had to get into boats and row out to an island that is in the middle of the river for a cookout/campout. They had a blast and a lot of fun.
The Young Women's leader said that of all the youth there, T was the only one who said thank-you to the person's whose property we were on. I do find that hard to believe. The other incident that they shared with us was also great about T. There was one young man who was struggling to swim across the river. Tobin saw this and threw the football he had been asked to carry across the river and went to swim closer to this young man. They heard him say, "You can do it. You just need to do it a little further. I'm right here. Let's go." One of the leaders saw this and just thought Tobin was a great friend to stay with him.
So, while I don't know any of the details, like what they ate for dinner, why they were swimming instead of in boats, what activities they did, I feel like I know enough.
And Tobin...he told me nothing of this. And nothing of the trip. What's a mom to do?
2 comments:
Oh dear - this is my future with my two boys! Glad you have eyes and ears that can report back to you. I'd be so proud if my sons acted the same...
I still can't believe that Tobin in in YM. What a great experience for him. And, I especially love his take on the outing. haha.
Post a Comment