My high school friends, Dave and Karlee came with their family to visit us. They have been living in Italy for the last three years and are moving out west. Karlee and I were roommates in college, so I was really excited to see them and reminesce over good times as well as get our children together. Karlee and I even taught one year together at a middle school.
It was like we had never left college. We had a lot of great laughs and fun times. We spent a lot of our time looking at houses on the internet to see what was available as they headed out west. I can hardly believe the difference in the prices of houses in the different areas of the country. They were looking at some beautiful houses that would be way out of our league here, but were we to move there, we could easily afford to live in those houses. I mean beautiful houses!! Karlee knew And we spent a lot of time on Youtube!! Every one of us had some video we knew of that we loved and wanted to share. We had a great time. We tried to get to a furniture store (Great Stuff) that I wanted to show Karlee and she had actually seen it listed in all of her housing magazines. But unfortunately we weren't able to get there due to time constraints. I can't wait to get out to the west coast to see them in their new home. Karlee and Dave, mi casa is su casa!
3 comments:
Being with long-time friends is such a treat. I love it when you pick right back up where you left off.
Your kids are so talented in their sports and activities. It means a lot when family comes to support them too.
I also LOOOOOVE the house in the background. Is it yours? I just love that classic styling. Hope you are doing well, Paige! Summer is drawing to a close. Boo hoo.
What a fun chance to viisth with Karlee and Dave. What a gift great friendships are.
OH WOW ---- miss you guys so much! How I'd love a weekend to reminisce (SP?). You guys were such fun roommates! (Dave too!!)
Post a Comment