But, did I get the phone call at work!! Brenna didn't want to wear what we had picked out the night before. She wanted to wear something else. Oh--how I wish she could simply understand that she has the world's cutest clothes (or would if she liked them)!! Andy had to deal with it. And he also had to deal with her hair. Brenna loves to wear ponytails, but they have to be very low on her back! So, I wanted Andy to do her hair and put the ponytail higher up. Andy didn't like that tooo much, but he was such a good sport.
All he wanted was his sister!!
Last night Noah was having trouble going to sleep; I knew he was excited and anxious for school. His stomach was bothering him and he couldn't go to sleep. He came into our room, seriously, just as I was about to fall asleep. I felt myself falling blissfully, when I was abruptly pulled out of lala land to hear Noah say he had to go to the bathroom. He went in and a half hour later I was still waiting for him to come out.
After he was done, he came in and cuddled with me and Andy. Brenna came in and I groaned inwardly knowing she was up too. But she was my lightbulb. I knew they were so used to sleeping together from this summer's bed hopping they had done. Brenna would end up in Noah's twin bed with him, or he would end up in Brenna's bed with her. They were together and very close this summer. I suggested that Noah should go sleep with Brenna in her tent (in her room). I heard them tip toe away and knew I wasn't going to get any sleep until I knew Noah was ok. So, in about ten minutes, I went to check on them. They were fast asleep! If I had only known Noah needed his little sister, I would have started him there!! He slept the night through. Too bad I was wide awake now for a good portion of it!

Brenna's friend who is also in her class was able to catch up with her and they walked in together to the classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment