On Monday, during the first practice, she was assigned a Pom "big sister" for the week. When they weren't in one large group learning the routine, Brenna was with her "big sister." They played games, learned specific parts of the routine, learned chants and talked. It was fun to watch and we realized that Brenna's "big sister" was one of her cousin's best friends and also that one of Tobin's friends was her real-life little sister; so there was an instant connection between Brenna and Sarah.
There were two other Poms, Lauren and Kirby who also knew Brenna from outside sources. Lauren had even babysat her with Brenna's cousin Ali once, when she was little about 3/4 years ago. Lauren was really good with her as well and when Brenna wasn't sure about her shoulder shimmy, Lauren helped her.
On Friday night they had a pizza dinner with all of the Poms and Cheerleaders. She had a great time. They also practiced the routine a few times which is where my pictures are from.
My excitement was crazy high when I walked out into the sopping, dripping wet, metal bleachers to watch Brenna perform as a Junior Pom. I checked my camera to make sure it was working and worked a little bit to get the best angle. And then she came out; well, all 100 of them came out!
I put my video camera on and started filming. It took a little while to find Brenna on the field. And then it was over, Brenna's 3 minutes of dancing, and I looked down at my camera to stop recording only to find that my thumb had hit the stop button and it hadn't recorded her dance at all!! Seriously, I wanted to cry. I really wanted to videotape her. Darn it!!
Brenna is the little blonde girl with the red bow in the 2nd row.
Brenna with "sisters" Lauren and Kirby.
Brenna's friend, Kaitlin also was a jr. pom for the week.
Brenna with her big sister, Sarah.
1 comment:
I can't believe that happened!!! oH nO!!!! i say you should get a "do Over". I love BRenna's red bow. Aunt Tiercy is proud.
Post a Comment