Friday, July 2, 2010

Virginia Beach: July 1st

     Brenna and Noah slept in until 10:00 am!  I couldn't believe it, but it just goes to show you what tired kids and closed blinds can accomplish.  So, we were out on the beach by 11:30 am.  We stayed until about 1:00 pm.  Brenna, Noah, and Andy spent the entire time in the water: jumping over waves, diving under waves, and playing in the water.  I came down to the edge of the water and played catch with a small nerf football with them.  We had a lot of fun together.  At 1:00 our hunger drove us upstairs to get ready for the day and find a place for lunch.  We had lunch at a place Andy had eaten at on 5th street.  We rented a 4 person bike to get around the boardwalk and to take us to lunch.  We had a rocky start on the bike, but worked it out.  I was a little nervous to let Noah drive, but once I calmed down and he learned to navigate the turns we had a great time and a deliciously tasty lunch.  Good job picking the place, honey.
     After lunch we rode the bikes around the boardwalk.  It was really fun and we saw a lot more of the boardwalk this way.  Then we had to turn in our bike and we walked on "beach street USA".  We found a tattoo place and the rest is history.  Brenna walked away with moon and stars, Noah --the Atlantic Falcon logo, Andy got a ninja shadow and I walked away with a PandA.  It took a while for them to do it, but we had a great time.  Afterwards we walked back to the hotel and went to the beach.  Again, it was laughing and playing in the waves.  I didn't go in; it was toooo cold and a little tooo rough.  Andy is such a good dad and went in anyway. 
     Finally, we returned to get ready for the Level 5-7 beach party on 17th street.  There we met up with the rest of the trampoline team.  Most of them had competed throughout the day, so it was fun to hear the stories and how they did.  It made me really excited for Brenna's turn tomorrow.  Then we ate a late dinner and hurried back to get Brenna in bed. 
     As I snuggled her tonight, she wanted me to sing a song that I used to sing to her when she was teeny tiny--my version of "You are my sunshine."  I told her to wake up happy and to remember that Daddy, her two brothers and I love her very, very much and that we are so proud of her.  I want so badly for her to do well for her, for her confidence.  But as I type this, I realize this is what every mother wants for their competitor. 
     Brenna, you are a fierce competitor when you want to be!  Tomorrow morning, when you compete, finish strong and stand tall.  You are a daughter of God and of parents who love you very much.  You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.  And breathe....





















Brenna, good luck tomorrow!  We love you!

1 comment:

ann said...

Thanks for the update! What fun you are having. I love the bike and yes, even the tattoos. Good luck to Brenna tomorrow! I'll be thinking about her ALL DAY!

Of course, I'm proud of her for just being there! She's one terrific kid!