Thursday, July 1, 2010

Virginia Beach: Wednesday, June 30th

These pictures were taken Wednesday morning. Before Brenna had training practice, they wanted to go walk on the beach.  I loved the idea of that.  They  had so much fun being chased by the waves.  I love to hear their laughter and complete sense of freedom.  They were so happy with just being together and playing with the water.  It was so fun to watch.  I love seeing my kids happy like this.



After the beach, it was time to get ready to go to the convetion center for training from 10:30-12:30pm.  I wanted to make sure that I got us there in plenty of time so we left about 10:00am.  I could see it from our hotel window, but I wasn't sure about parking and my way around.  It was a breeze and we were able to walk right in to staging where Miss Linda was.  She took Brenna back to get ready and I didn't see her again until I took these pictures.  She did an amazing job.  If she does this well during the competition, she should do well and at least be happy with her score.  She was very relaxed through it all.  She has seemed to be taking it in stride.  We were able to find Christina, Riley, and their parents.  It was nice to see familar faces in the crowds.





After practice, we went out to lunch at Pizza Planet with several of the families.  We had a great time and then seperated to freshen up for the Grand March-In at 5:00pm.  We went back to the convention center at 4:00 to make sure we got tickets and seats for the march-in.  Every team, over 1800 atheletes marched in to the convention hall.  It was a great moment, to be part of something bigger than yourself.  There were exhibitions by the Olympic hopefuls going to Singapore at the end of the month.


The logo for the 2010 National Championships.  If you look closely there are two girls flipping that are not a part of the poster. Crazy, right?

Waiting in line.  Brenna is the first one in the red jacket.
Miss Linda walks the team in to the arena!

On the way to eat dinner, Brenna and Noah were so happy to play in the sand.  They wrote their names, wrote messages, did cartwheels and played balancing games on the handles.  They had an absolute blast.  We stopped at a restaraunt on 18th street.  We shared chicken nachos, wings, and a caesar salad for our dinner.  It was really good.  And teh  best part was that during dinner, Andy called to say he had arrived in Virginia beach and was at our hotel.  The kids ran to meet him at the hotel and left me to pay the bill.  :)




The view as we were walking to dinner.  It was beautiful.


 
And this.....this is where Brenna will be competing on Friday, July 2nd.  If you look closely it says "Double-Mini 1" and "Double Mini 2"   Go Brenna!  Keep your fingers crossed for her. 

No comments: