This story is so good it has to have a picture with it. Take a good look at it! Yes, that is Andy. So, here's the story:
The first month out at BYU we were dating happily when Friday the 13th happened. I don't remember at what point I decided to play a trick on him, but plan it I did. So, on Thursday the 12th I was out with Andy on a date, while my roommates helped me out by stealing all of his clothes for me. (I would later find out that not only did they steal his clothes they took the drawers they were in as well.) In place of his clothes, my roommates were to leave behind a hideous, rust colored outfit that I had picked up at DI (a thrift store) earlier in the day. There was also a ransmon note that if he ever wanted to see his clothes again, he needed to wear the rust colored outfit to campus the next day. I didn't really leave him a choice as I had his dirty clothes taken as well. Oh, it should have been perfect.
During our date I kept spontaneously laughing; I thought for sure Andy was going to know something was up. But we had a wonderful time. When he dropped me off, I walked upstairs to my apartment laughing all the way.
I sat in my apartment with my roommates waiting for him to call me and tell me something, anything!! That call never came and I was dying to know what his reaction had been. So, the next day, on Friday the 13th, I was sitting in a basic science class when Andy strolled into the room having embellished the ensemble with a sign that said, "I love Paige." He came in with a boombox on his shoulders shouting out "Wild Thing." I wanted to die and sink into the chair. He called my name and Imust have moved or something, because he found me sitting about 4 rows up. He put the boombox down, came, picked me up and carried me to the professor's desk. Wasn't that nice of him?
Looking as geeky as he did he proceeded to say something to the effect of "Wow Paige!! Last night was wonderful. And when you kissed me....I thought I saw rockets!" Then he planted a big kiss on my cheek and ran out of the room.
Now, honestly, why couldn't he have just followed along? I had it planned so well. Andy has always said that "all is fair in love and war." Oops. Well, as you can guess, I have never had the gumption to try out another Friday the 13th at that level for fear of what would be revisited upon me. Anyway, I hoped for the anonymity a large lecture hall should have afforded me, but sitting up close gave that away. Never did I sit up close again. Our kids love to hear this story. Mostly, they love to hear how Daddy outdid Mommy at her own joke! We enjoy the laugh of it again, every once in a while. We had some great times at BYU. I hope you enjoyed the story. :)
2 comments:
thanks for sharing this story again. It is a great one and I can see why your kidz love it.
How have I never heard this story?! Vintage Andy. That is hilarious.
And Paige, I have meant to tell you how much I LOVE the poem you posted on my blog. I will give it to my creative writers and add it to my files. It would work really well for a poem prompt. Just love it.
Thanks!
Love, Em
Post a Comment