Saturday, July 19, 2008

Noah floats his ark at Divisionals

Noah probably had the most going in his favor as far as going to divisionals. He is an older 8 year old and is very strong. The top two swimmers for each stroke and age group are invited to divisionals. I really couldn't believe when I found out Noah was going to do free, back, fly and the relay for our divisional meet! Way to go Noah! I was able to video tape his back and his fly.

Some comments:

Noah took three seconds off of his back and fly times.

Noah's freestyle score was an 18.87.

Noah was the last leg in the relay; meaning he was the last one to swim. As one veteran swim mom put it-- he is the one who makes or breaks it for the team. Ok, what kind of pressure is that to put on him and what kind of pressure is that to put on me?

The picture of Noah diving is from his relay. It was a lucky, amazing shot. I actually bumped the head of the woman in front of me trying to get it. oops.

Noah's relay scored well enough to go to all-stars next week!!!

Noah took 5th place (freestyle), 7th place (backstroke), and 6th place (butterfly)

For the butterfly video, the person who is saying "good start, Noah" is Johnathon, the best coach ever!!

I am so proud of Noah. For Noah to go to divisionals was such a treat for us. Noah is really learning to use his strength in the water. He told me this afternoon he wants to swim in the Olympics. All I can say, is you are the person to do it!!

Right now, as I write this, Noah is sleeping like a baby!



2 comments:

Tiercy said...

Way to go Noah!!! Maybe you were named appropriately after all. I am so glad you are preforming well. Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Emilie said...

Wow Noah, what a star!

We love our swimming cousins. And those pics make me so nostalgic for our big summer swim meets. There aren't summer outdoor teams here in Maine, sadly.

Looks like you guys are keeping busy and having a fun summer.

xoxo