Monday, October 6, 2008

Al's 70th birthday party

Happy birthday to Al! We were able to celebrate Al's 70th birthday yesterday and it was a blast. We had a brunch at the country club near his house and enjoyed all of it. Caroline, Al's daughter made a fabulous slideshow of his 70 years-- and who knew he was quite dashing during high school. She had a "remember when" where she, and her two brothers said, "Dad, remember when...." and followed up with something funny, or eventful, or something that illustrated Al's personality. It was a lot of fun. The food was delicious and we had so much fun catching up. I hate to say that we haven't seen Uncle Todd or Aunt Robin's families in soooo long and it was just fun to catch up with them. We always laugh with Buff and Andy around. Here are some pictures from our day.



Todd (my brother) and Michelle and their 4 children.

Me with my most handsome boys!

Mom-mom with Brenna

Al with Tobin and Grayson. Aren't they handsome?

Al and Mom-Mom with all of the grandchildren that were present!! Jack, Al's grandsone is the one in the blue blazer on the left. He fits right in. Tierc, we missed your family and need them here to be complete.

10 comments:

Tiercy said...

Oh, great, make me even more homesick!! I missed you guys and thought about you all being together! I am glad you were all able to enjoy each other's company! Everyone is getting so grown up and I am missing it!

Emilie said...

Everyone looks so great! Happy Birthday Al (And happy Birthay Ann, too!)

xo

DJ's journey said...

What a wonderful excuse to get together and make another memory. These are the things you and your kids will remember when thinking back and "remembering when"

Debbie said...

Fun times! Getting together with family is great.

Anonymous said...

Your mom looks great!! Does she still drink Tab?? It looks like everybody had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Hi Paige,

I bet you know what I want for Christmas. I do love that picture of Al, me and all the grandkids! An 8x10 would do just right. And thanks to meddaugd for her comments!

Unknown said...

OOPS!

It was royers I wanted to thank for her comments!

beth said...

Thanks, Paige for the wonderful photos--seeing them almost made me feel like I had been there. What a wonderful celebration with such a great bunch of kids and grandkids. (I missed seeing Robin in the photos--Tiercy and family too but I know why they weren't in the pics. Yea, Tiercy, I wish I had been there too).

And I agree that my sister looks great but I don't think it's the Tab that gets the credit!!

Love to all

Michelle said...

Hey, no fair... weren't those the pics from my camera? (sigh) but you posted first!! hmm, do I have a pic of Robin?

Paige said...

some were mine and some were yours, Michelle. I picked the best of both!!