Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Brenna, I will pay for your therapy, I promise

Connect Four—the little game of strategy where you connect four pieces in a row to win—has become my obsession. Correction—beating Brenna at Connect Four has become my obsession!! Here are snippets from our household the last few weeks:

Brenna—where are you? We need to play Connect Four!
Mom, do I have to?
Yes, you have to. At least three games so I can really win.
Mom, winning isn’t what counts. But if you want me to beat you again, I guess I will.
(Brenna, you just wait….. You are going down, my little blonde devil)

Brenna, did you realize you won? You won two moves ago, Brenna. Look here.

Noah, no don’t help her. She can win on her own.

Ok, playing my moves didn’t win. I’ll just follow Brenna’s moves. Ok, she moves, I move on top of her, she moves beside her first one, I will go on top of hers…ok, good….wait, now how did she get three in a row with two options to get the fourth?!
_ _ _ x x x _ _
_ _ _ x x x _ _

Mommy, I’m tired of playing.
No, we need to play one more time.
But mommy you said that last time
Ok, I mean it this time (only if I win).

2 comments:

DJ's journey said...

Cherish these days with Brenna, they will pass too quickly. Remember, you are creating great memories. Love, DJM

Tiercy said...

Hilarious! Let it go. practice breathing and let it go!! I'll play with you when I come home for the big race next year (psst...I'll even let you win!)