Talking over top of each other, shouts of "it's my turn", and "wait, I was going to go first" are the hallmarks of what has become a tradition in our family. And I love it!! (Wait, did I really just say that!) Tired of hearing "good" in relation to How was your day? we implemented asking the question "What was the best part of your day?" to which our child respond with wild enthusiasm! Even Tobin wants to chime in. Sometimes we need to remind Brenna that we are only supposed to share the best parts, and we have to encourage Noah to share more than "recess," but it always brings us into each other's day which is a nice feeling.
But last night was the best part of my day. Andy and I have been ships passing in the night for what seems like weeks now. We have hardly had more than dinner time together on any given day!! We are crazed with taking kids here and there, but last night...last night was a night to remember. While I don't remember who went upstairs to bed first, we ended up in our bed wide awake at 11:00 pm! This is so highly unusual I am looking into Guiness Records about this (I'm usually passed out, dead asleep). Taking full advantage of the situation, I wrapped myself in his arms rather than my blankets and it felt soooo good!! That is when I know that no matter what we are going through we are still connected. Somehow at night, Andy thinks I am funny (yes, he's tired). Those who know us Bumgardners might get a laugh out of that, because we Bumgardners had to marry spouses who are funny because we, ourselves, are not funny. But, in the magic of the night, Andy thinks I'm funny which makes me happy because I know how much I love Andy for bringing laughter into my house. So, we laughed and cuddled and talked!! Seriously, the best part of my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ew get a room!
No seriously you and Todd are obviously cut from the same mold... our late night "talks usually end with deep, even, heavy breathing (from him) before I'm done saying my run-on sentence!
Michelle, well,...we know where your mind is...did I ever mention the three little letters s-e-x!! And might I mention, we were in a room! :) I laughed so hard at your comment, because that is exactly the script in our house!!
That is such a great idea--I always get so sick of hearing "good" too!
these comments are too funny. cute post Pa...(deep, even, heavy breathing)
WAKE UP Tiercy!!!
Hilarious!!
Post a Comment