Thursday, November 6, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge

After the voting fiasco, we hopped in the car and headed towards Great Wolf Lodge. Noah and Brenna still didn't know where we were headed and we didn't tell them!! Noah made a few guesses along the way, the beach and camping, Brenna thought we were headed to Chuck E. Cheeses!! We had a great time on the ride down. We exited the high way at one point to refill with gas. Near the gas station was a sign Kentland. Andy tried to joke with the kids about being back at home, but they weren't having any of it. And when I saw the price of townhomes for $170,000 I wasn't having any of it either. Andy saw a Dairy Queen and stopped for ice cream; as did all of the kids. Footloose and fancy free! I saw the lodge first and grew very excited!! We had debated telling the kids, and I was glad when they pulled up to the sign and read where we were and then turned to look at the lodge quickly with great, big smiles on their faces!! None of them had ever been here, so they weren't sure totally what to think, but they knew it was something good!!

The water park was great!! The ride that caputured Tobin and Noah's interest was the Florider, a ride where you ride the wave!! Brenna, Brenna loved it all. She was able to run around and do whatever ride tickled her fancy. She seemed to love all of the rides. Two of the rides were able to fir 4 people into one raft; those were my most fun moments, when most of us were together!! I loved seeing the smiles of everyone. It was so much fun riding the slides: laughter, shrieks and holding on!! The best part is that there were no lines! To go there during the week and when kids were in school was the best idea! We hardly waited at all for any one ride.

Having been a lifeguard, I always am aware of what they are doing, and I have to say I felt they did a great job. They were present, visible and clearly watching the pool. When Tobin hurt his toe on one of the rides, they responded immmediately. I have to say I was impressed and felt safe with the lifeguards there. I also felt safe letting Noah and Brenna do things a little more independently!!

Noah's favorite part though was the magicquest game. With a wand, you go around the hotel collecting clues for your adventure and then you beat the dragon in your quest! Noah was so determined to beat the dragon. He had a great time doing this and it definitely helped make the vacation for him.

Enough said, here are 1000 words.




Our room!!

Noah on the waverider.


Tobin--who determined to learn some tricks before he left. And succeeded so much so that I had another dad ask me, "Is he the local pro?"


Me with Andy and me with my children on my birthday!! It was a great day!






9 comments:

Tiercy said...

Wow, this looks like a great place to visit! I wonder if they have one close to us!!

Debbie said...

We have a Great Wolf Lodge 5 minutes from our house and we still haven't gone there. It's so pricey, but it's on my "to do list" and can't wait to check it out. I don't think ours has the waverider, but they are fun. We went to Kalahari indoor waterpark resort last Thanksgiving and this was my favorite thing. I enjoyed it as much as the kids!

What a fun birthday you had. I can tell you had a great time.

Emilie said...

those waves look amazing... what a great way to spend time all together. I'm jealous.

Happy Birthday! I thought of the 3 of you several times on your day.
Love you!

DJ's journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ's journey said...

Did Noah beat the dragon in magicquest? Did you have a great time? Did you have a happy birthday? Did you take lots of pictures? Did you stay overnight? Did you bring home a brochure for scrapbooking? Can you tell I'm soooo jealous? Hope you had a great day !!! Diane

Anonymous said...

What a really neat place!! It look like everybody had a great time! I love the pic of your kids and you! I can't believe we are actually moms sometimes!!!

Catherine said...

Paige, how fun! I need a place like that close to me! I love those mid-week trips! What a cool mom taking your kids out of school! I love that I check in with you! You've gotta love this blogging world!! Great post and Happy Birthday!

JENNIFRO said...

SO fun catching up with your blog. We've wanted to go to the Wolf Lodge--it looks fun! Halloween pictures were darling! Don't you love Kentlands......

Michelle said...

Isn't that place great? After our pastor's little boy was diagnosed with diabetes a bunch of us all donated money to send them to The Great Wolf Lodge!!! That was a year and a half ago and looking at your pics I feel like I'm seeing their trip all over again. What a fun way to spend your birthday!!