With Tobin coming into our room complaining of how his ear and his throat were hurting. Now Tobin had been sick on Thursday and didn't go to school, but we thought we had moved past that. Now, at 2:00 am in the morning, I saw that we actually had taken a different path. We turned on the light to give him some advil and T said that for sure his throat was too sore to swallow the pills. That is when we saw how swollen this throat really was. I'm not sure if T already knew this, but Andy and I took one look, looked at each other and said, "I'll go." Andy insisted, so I began getting Tobin ready for the emergency room visit as Andy got himself ready. The funny, ironic, poetic justice of it all was that a moment before Tobin walked in, Andy had come into our room from downstairs where he had been watching a movie (yes, until 2:00 AM, my thoughts exactly). No sleep for the weary! So, as T and Andy walked out of the room, Brenna walked into the room. No rest for me either. She was very worried about her brother and we were still up at 3:30ish waiting for the phone which finally rang around 4 AM to let us know that they had started an IV (I think to give a round of antibiotics) and were going to do a cat scan to make sure that the lymph nodes were not filled with pus (gross, I know). Luckily, they weren't and Tobin returned home around 7:00ish. We all went back to bed to begin our night's sleep. And darn the luck, in walked Noah, ready for his day, fresh and ready to go!

Brenna brought this note home with her from school today. It reads: Dear Tobin,
I hope your neck is feeling better. Did you really almost faint? Are you feeling better? I really miss you when I'm at school. I think about you every single minute. Love, Brenna (are your eyes dry? Cause mine aren't)

5 comments:
Wow, I can't believe he let you take a picture! I am so glad he is better! I tried calling but no answer. Love you guys!
Poor guy. I hope he's feeling better soon.
What sweet, sisterly note.
How frightening, especially remembering that time when he was 2! Thank heavens everything turned out ok!
More pictures for prom night!
(*_*)!
Oh Tobin,
I'm glad you are better! You are a good sport for letting your mom take a picture of you looking like that. We love you!
What a scare. So glad Tobin is better and ready for Christmas (loved the tree decorating photos.)
Tobin is so darn good looking that even with a swollen throat he looks great. (Tie him down, Paige and Andy, the girls are coming!!!)
We have a foot of new snow on the ground this morning (Monday). It is gorgeous and now if
Chris just gets here safely tomorrow we are all set for a beautiful White Christmas.
Merry Christmas and love to all.
Post a Comment