Peeking with one eye. 2:30 am, she can't be up? We just got to bed and haven't had our nap yet! This has never happened before. I jumped into bed, shut out our light, huddled under the covers and heard an excited chatter: "He came, Daddy. Santa came! I can see my stocking at the end of the bed." I waited...wondered what was happening....struggled to stay awake....waited...and then hopped up to see what could possibly be taking Andy so long.
I walked towards the light and I heard other voices. The boys? Could they be awake now too? Yep, they could. I walked into the boys' room and there were Tobin, Noah, and Brenna looking in their stockings, reaching in, and pulling out treasures and goodies that sent them into wide awake land with each reach!
Cries of, "look, I got a book...a water bottle, lifesaver candies, sudoku books, an American Girl doll, Julie DS game; a head lamp; a t-shirt that says "You wish you could kick like a girl," and a chocolate bunny!" A bunny...it's not Easter. It must be a reindeer."
Alright kiddos, back to bed. I knew I had to try for my sanity. And what do you know, it worked! Until 8:00 when Noah dragged me from the depths of lala land, asking, "Can we open our presents, now?"
Merry Christmas.
Breakfast was a fiasco, almost. I burned the bacon, but better than that almost caught the oven on fire with the bacon grease! Don't ask. Turned out, cooking was not my thing today. More on that later.
The presents were fun to open and the children were very orderly. I had had this brillant plan for organizing some of the necessary order for opening presents. We put a G on the 3 group presents, so each child got to open 1/3 of a gift that worked together (Rockband: guitar, game, and other instruments). You couldn't open one without knowing what the others were. So that worked great. What didn't work so great was that we had two presents, that again went together so that you couldn't open one without knowing what was coming. So, we wanted Noah to open the more exciting one first, so my brillant plan was to put a 1 on the first present and a 2 on the second one, so that Noah knew which order to open them. Brillant, right? I thought so, especially, at 2 in the morning. What I hadn't counted on was the fact that I wrote the number 1 on the wrong present!! Not so brillant, but at 2 am, brillance was not my main goal. Oh well. Luckily, Noah happened to open the right one first, even without the numbering system.
It was fun to watch! Andy and I enjoyed it. They were really great with each other. Merry Christmas.
3 comments:
Sounds like your family and you had a wonderful Christmas!!! Great post! Kids make for the best memories on Christmas morning!
What a great post to remember this Christmas. How did the unicycles go over?
I loved hearing about your Christmas. It's a wonderful, yet exhausting day, isn't it?
That's amazing that the kids got up so early and then went back to bed. Funny!
Post a Comment