Friday, April 24, 2009

Brenna's brownie trip

Hi all. So yesterday's fiasco of uploading pictures makes me think it is my computer because it just took about 10 seconds to upload these pictures. Not sure why that is, but it has been so frustrating.

Anyway, Brenna had an absolute delight at her brownie field trip yesterday. The only mishap happened at the begining because she forgot about it!! So, she went home as usual. Running late myself, I was already behind when I called to see if she was at home. I told her to hurry up and run to school (it's a great thing we only live a block from the school)!! As I saw her running up to the parking lot (sans Brownie uniform), she was wearing a Redskins jersey with her leggings. She looked so cute with her hair flying behind her. It reminded me how lucky I am to have these years with her. As she ran closer I could see she had been crying. It was so hard to see sadness written on her face when she should have been happy to be out on a beautiful day going with friends to see nature.

When she got to me, I pulled her close and hugged her sooo tight, asking her what was wrong. She said that she had had to leave the house so quickly (because I told her to) that she forgot to tell Daddy where she was and she was afraid he was going to be mad at her. If only...they could stay this way. I looked into her eyes, and they were liquid and sad and i wanted to fall into them. I settled her fears by telling her that I would tell Daddy.

She jumped into my friend's car with these red splotches on her face that she gets when she cries and a smile to equal them as she saw her three friends already waiting in the car. And I don't know why, but as I walked home, tears fell down my face.

And she returned with that same smile, only slightly bigger from all that she had experienced in the last two hours. And everything seemed right in the world.




3 comments:

Tiercy said...

So sad about Brenna crying. Her Aunty would have been crying with her too if she had knows. Whata fun outing.

Anonymous said...

It would be wonderful if we could capture all the sayings and silliness of our kids!

Michelle said...

I agree with you Paige, if only they would stay that concerned about the fact that WE are concerned about them!

ps- how are your feet? any luck finding those running insoles?