Hi all!! I don't know why I have been sitting on this good news, but here it is. With the economy as it is, my position as a second media specialist got cut from my current high school. So, I had to go through the excruciating process of building my resume, interviews, and waiting....oh the waiting.
Unlike most years there were only 5 schools with media specialist openings, two high schools and three elementary schools. There were 6 of us interviewing (all 6 of us had our positions cut), who basically wanted the two high schools! Three were men and we were all highly qualified, so the only thing I felt I had going in my favor was that I was the youngest one interviewing.
To make a long story short, I got offered both high school jobs!! I couldn't believe it. To have my pick of either one felt great, but caused me a lot of angst. There were pros and cons to both, but ultimately I chose the one I have always wanted to go to, but is a little risky because I am, once again, a second media specialist, and if they need more budget cuts for next year, my job may be on the chopping block, yet again. But, the media specialist, who is there, is a person I went to grad school with and I think she is great!! We will work very well together and while I have been focused on raising my children she has focused on her career, so I have a lot I can learn from her. She rocks and the opportunity to work with her was too much to pass up.
The other thing about this position is that I will be going to Andy's high school!! I always joke that Andy and I would never have dated in high school, but I may make him take me to his high school prom next year!! Lucky me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats again... I'm not surprised they all wanted you. There is another high school that wants you to be its media specialist... but it's a bit of a commute. :)
xo
Congratulations, Paige. That is wonderful news and so reassuring but what high school is it? and how close?
Emilie was so delighted that you came to the poetry event. She loved having you and your Mom there. Nothing like a bevy of former English teachers to lend support.
love to all, Beth
Congrats Paige! Who wouldn't want you anyway??
Paige - that is awesome! Two offers - how fantastic!
Good job. Can't wait to hear about that high school Prom date with your hubby!
Post a Comment