Noah's birthday was last Thursday! He was so excited and woke up around 4:00 am from it. His room was decorated as is our tradition! He got Redskin colored tic tacs, Reeses peanut butter cups, mentos, gum, and two balloons. Luckily, he got back to sleep, but that meant I didn't get to see him until I got home from school.
When I got home from school I had a couple of hours until I had to go back to my schools' Back To School Night. I really didn't want to go because I wanted to celebrate with Noah. His school was having a back to school picnic with a deejay, who was going to teach them dances, two moon bounces, face painting, tug of war and other games. I was excited for him to go to that. (He decided he wanted to go out for Mexican instead). Unfortunately, even though it was his birthday Noah's first order of business was to finish his homework that was due on Friday! (He procrastinated and now it fell to him to do it on his birthday-- do you think he'll learn?). So much of my time with him was coaxing him into doing his homework, so he could open his presents. It wasn't really fun, but my birthday present to him was being the loving, patient mom he always wants when dealing with these homework issues!!
Finally he was ready!! Noah opened two books first! He was happy, but ready to move on to the other small one. He was really excited to see the itouch there!! We tried to throw Noah off of the ipod by hinting that he may have gotten a new unicycle. So, when Noah asked about "something in the garage" with such a look of expectancy, I didn't understand Andy's groan.
Unbeknowst to me, earlier that morning, as Noah and Bre were being picked up for school, another dad had said to Noah, "did your dad show you the motorcycle in the garage?" Noah, seriously spent the entire day daydreaming of the motorcycle he was going to get for his 10th birthday!!!! Seriously, he thought that!
So, he tried not to be disappointed with his ipod touch! Doesn't something seem wrong with the prior sentence? disappointed---itouch!! It was so hard to see him try hard to be happy for something that I know he would have been escatitic about if he had never truly thought he was going to get a bike!!
We started a new tradition for our birthdays this year. It's never too late to start a tradition, I say!! We all went around and said what we wished for Noah for this next year. I wished for Noah to play with all of his heart during his football season. Andy wished for Noah to be happy and find passion in his every day and to be lighthearted. Tobin wished for Noah to get one tackle during every game and two sacs for the season. Brenna wished for Noah to be happy. I thought it was a fun tradition.
Happy Birthday Noah! Two digits is a big deal!
No comments:
Post a Comment