Sunday, September 27, 2009

The 80s were F-U-N




Andy has found his decade! The 80s. Even though I didn't know him, I saw a glimpse of the teenager he was at our friend's 80s party tonight. They had a dance floor with an 80s dj and Andy had a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face. The dj played "Billie Jean" and Andy moved like Michael Jackson....there was a collective appreciation for the magic Andy displayed on the dance floor! Andy was lovin' it, and that is an understatement.

And then our 10 year old called us to say he was scared, his stomach was hurting, and could we please come home. And I knew, at least for me, the 80s were over. Andy took me home to our little boy and the current decade, and he returned alone, to party in the Purple Rain!!!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

you guys look GREAT! love the outfits. Also, do you remember when Tiercy went to an 80s party last year? You both put your one leg up in the photo when you were in your 80s get ups. Is that an 80s thing? or a twin thing? :)

sounds like a fun night!

Debbie said...

Cute 80s outfits! Sounds like a great night out (until the end, anyway). Isn't it fun to find out things about your spouse that you didn't know before?

ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ann said...

Gee--I never wore anything like that in the 80's. Where was I and what was I thinking? :):):)

What do you think your kids will wear when they go to a party in 2035 to celebrate the first century of the Twenty-first Century. (What do you call this decade? the 00's?)