Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My heart is breaking

Stupid caterpillar project!  I hate you.  I hope never to see another caterpillar project again--oh wait, no more second graders in my house-we were done!

I had to stay home with Brenna while Andy took Noah to his 5th grade concert.  What I didn't know, because he didn't tell me, is that Noah had a solo in tonight's concert!  How could he not think this was a big deal.  He had to audition for it!  And he got it!  And he didn't think it was a big deal?  Come on.  Every night (well, as often as we can) we go around the dinner table and say what was the best part of our day.  Wouldn't it have been perfect to say, "Oh yeah, mom, dad, I auditioned for a solo in the 5th grade concert and I got chosen out of everybody who tried out.  Well there are six of us doing solo parts, but still.....I got chosen!"

I am literally crying.  My heart is breaking that I didn't get to hear Noah sing or play his clarinet tonight for possibly the last time.  Oh no, another tear....his last time...it didn't look real until I wrote it down.

I love you Noah and am so proud of you for being independent and trying out and making it.

Stupid caterpillar project!

No comments: