Noah turns 11!
As you know the "best laid plans often go awry." And Noah's birthday is no exception. If I had had my way, he would have been born in April, when it's not too cold or too hot. The flowers bloom and earth is reborn. Instead, he was born during that time between summer and crisp fall evenings, cool breezes and the ever, eternal beginning of school.
This is a crazy time of year for me. Noah's birthday has always fallen during that first week of school, when I'm exhausted because I haven't gotten back into the routine of going to bed early and yet having to show up to work ready to go and talk more, work more, and do more than I'm used to. And the first week of school, there's a lot of energy that I haven't exerted during the summer. Making lunches, getting backpacks together, picking out clothes, etc. etc. and etc. It takes a lot of out you when you're not used to it.
And then to plan a birthday for Noah that knocks his socks off just seems more than I'm ready for. So, I always plan Noah's party for the end of September, when I back in the game. But that birthday day, September 3rd, is one of the best of my life, so I try to make it a great day for Noah! So, the eve of his birthday, we decorated his room with balloons, fruit by the foot, poptarts, candy corn, and a chocolate bar! (no picture due to this year's malfunctioning of timing). Noah loved waking up to this and it set him up to smile the rest of the day! (Thank goodness).
The other thing about this early fall birthday is that there is this thing..that takes over most everybody's fall...it's called FOOTBALL! And Noah had his first game on his birthday. So, going out to dinner was out, and thank goodness Mom-Mom had the foresight to bring HER present over for Noah, so he had at least one to open (In my defense, our presents for Noah were bought they just weren't wrapped!). But really the only thing I saw to do was combine his football with his birthday! So, I bought cupcakes for the whole team! And I made them sing happy birthday to Noah!
I think Noah was happy about that. The only thing that would have made it better was if they had won! It was a bizarre score for football, but one they could live with. 2-0.
Happy Birthday Noah! We love you!
The other thing that made his birthday great was that his first period teacher sang him happy birthday and gave him a snickers bar! Yeah, teacher!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Noah, the big Junior high school guy! i love that Noah!
Post a Comment