So, since Friday and with a 3 day weekend, Tobin has been off on a whirlwind of friend's houses. I know many of you used to listen to me voicing my concerns about Tobin's seemingly easy acceptance about not going out on the weekends. And I should be careful what I wish for because I think it's coming back to haunt me threefold. Tobin has not been without friends this entire weekend! Friday after practice he went to a friend's house and they went to the game together to cheer on their school team. And then they hung out at a friend's house afterwards, but sadly I made him come home due to the scrimmage on Saturday morning. Right after the scrimmage, he came home with a friend and enjoyed lunch and hangin' out. Then they decided that they wanted to have friend's over to Tobin's house on Saturday night. That was great, but it changed our lazy Saturday into one of cleaning the house, going to the grocery store, and so on.
We had 11 friends over to spend their Saturday evening with us. I think they had a great time. The listened to their ipod, sang songs out loud (we even heard them upstairs), came up for dinner, hung out in the hottub and then went home. Well..at leas the girls did. The boys stayed over. Boy were they a motley crew on Sunday. Late in the afternoon, they all ended up at Colin's house and in the lake, river, pond, somewhere wet in their backyard. And then Tobin came home to spend the night quietly with us. Now, it is Monday after football practice and Tobin is off yet again to a friend's house.



No comments:
Post a Comment