Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday activities


Today was Tobin's first tackle football game ever. He was so excited and ready to play. He stayed up to watch "Remember the Titans" last night, which was a great transition into today. Unfortunately I couldn't stay past the first play (literally) as I had to run Brenna to dance. They also lost the game, but Tobin did share with me that he had the most gains from anyone on the team. When I got really excited at this news, he said, "Relax mom, it was only five yards." Tobin is number 5 and he is looking down clapping (he is the 5th one from the front). He was trying to pump himself up, as if he needed that, right?
Also due to the overlap of game times, I didn't get to see any of Noah's first soccer game. I hear all of the boys played well. When I went to pick Noah up from his friends house, he didn't seem to phased by it. I guess, you win some and you loose some.
Brenna's combo jazz/hip hop class was a riot to watch. I was amazed when her teacher left the door to the classroom open so we mom's could watch. It was a pretty large class and Brenna was the last to arrive (fashionably, ?) to the class. The first activity the teacher had them do was to shake their hips without moving any other part of their body (Is that possible?). It was so funny to see Brenna try and imitate her. Brenna's teacher, Nicole, taught them three steps today and then a fun dance. The final thing she did was have the girls stand in a circle. Each girl was able to come to the middle of the circle and show their most favorite hip hop move. Guess who volunteered to go first? Yep, Brenna. I was just happy that she didn't freeze and she actually moved around. The best lesson learned today was by the moms watching. At one point in the class, a girl said she couldn't do the move. Her teacher said, "I can't means I Currently Am Not Trying--" there was a collective ahhhuh by the moms as we all filed it away for later use. It was so fun to watch, I just hope that I get to see everybody next week.

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Paige! You need two clones to keep up with your kids. And, you need to add Brad Pitt and Jude Law to your survey and I vote for both of them. And, we need a video of Brenna dancing hip hop.
Love you,
Emilie

Tiercy said...

Wow, thanks so much for the fun blog. I told Debbie that you are really funny when you write. It shows a little here, don't be afraid to let it come out.

Love the CAN'T anagram, what is it called? You would think I've never taken an English class in my life. But, I am going to blame it on being sleep deprived from the baby (baby, what baby I know you say, after all she is 15 months now!)

Emilie said...

anacronym, and I really like it too.
em (i mean ms. manhart :)