Sunday, September 16, 2007

Two football players and a dancing queen

Hi,

I attended the Back to School Night for Tobin's classes. I was very happy to meet his teachers and realized that they were sooooooo young or maybe..... I am so old. They seem enthusiastic and excited to be in teaching. I can remember reading Dr. Seuss at one of my Back to School Night's when I taught English. Boy, did I have more students come in and make comments about my reading to the parents!! I figured I wanted to show rather than tell about the fun of reading. Tobin should be doing some fun activities this year in school. His Outdoor Ed is from January 14-18th. Boy, will it be cold for Tobin. Don't know what they were thinking when they planned that one. Todd, my brother, told me that one of Tobin's teachers nominated him for a student leadership conference in the spring. I am excited.
Andy took the chidren to the dentist this week. Every one had something interesting going on with their mouth. Noah had a chipped tooth (luckily it is a baby tooth) and we found out that his front two teeth are loose. Brenna has a tooth that has nerve damage and blood has filled the tooth which is visible to all who see her beautiful smile. The dentist said that it would come out early and may cause her some pain (He doesn't know our Brena). And Tobin well Tobin finally needs braces which I'm thinking can hold off until I can add more money to our flexible spending account. :).



This weekend was full of sports activities. Here are a few pictures of Tobin's football game and video of Brenna's dance. It brings me laughter and happiness to watch. Tobin had the first first down on his team for the season. He was so excited. Unfortunately my pics. aren't good as his team and coaches moved with the action on the field. What were they thinking? So, while they aren't the best, I thought they would do. Tobin's jersey is #5. I plan to try and take video next week. Noah had a by this week, so he had no games. Andy did hold football practice for Noah's team and Noah was excited.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

If I'm ever having a bad day, I'm going to log on and watch Brenna dancing hip hop.
Love,
Emilie

Tiercy said...

Those are darling. And, I just figured out what was off: Brenna's hair is in a PONYTAIL. How cute is she!!