Our time spent together carving pumpkins was fantastic. Andy and I couldn't believe how meticulous the children were in carving their pumpkins. We searched the internet for free pumpkin carving patterns and each child found one to their liking. Brenna carved a pig, Tobin carved a dragon and Noah carved a traditional pumpkin face (that's my boy). You have to use this one tool to punch the holes of the pattern onto the pumpkin. Andy and I didn't think much about it, but after about an hour, Brenna said, "my hands hurt, Daddy, can you do some now?" We couldn't believe it that when we looked at her pumpkin, she had only punched out the ears and the eyes: After an hour!! When we lifted the pattern up, the light bulb went on. I couldn't believe it. She was so painstakingly careful that she had pretty much punched out the lines in her pumpkin so much that we just had to push the pumpkin through the punched out holes. The boys, never to be outdone by their baby sister, stepped up to the plate and used the carving tools in the same meticulous way. Overall, we had a great day!! The missionaries came over for dinner afterwards so we were able to show off the pumpkins and hard work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you ALL look so great. I can't believe how professional the pumpkins look. Happy Halloween! love you,
em
WOW Pagleys,
Fabulous pumpkins--and great family shots too. Glad you had a successful Halloween. I had great fun with Emilie and family. Sklyer was really into it this year and had the best costume in the neighborhood. Love to all,
Beth
Post a Comment