Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Which image best represents you?




It hit me last night! Just how crazy my life is. I was trying to think of a dinner that would sit well, waiting for those in the Pagley family who waltz in the latest to the dinner table. I realized that I have gone from squeezing in dinner between homework and sports practice to now squeezing in dinner on the way to the sports practice. I just hope there are enough red lights for my children to digest their food!
When did my life become this busy? When I wasn't looking obviously. We have something every night of the week-- sports practice, a school event, or cub scout event. It is completely crazy. And how do you limit? If, as a mom, you say to your children, "you may do one sport and one music instrument." What happens to boy scouts? We have all heard stories of boys who have gotten scholarships or something great (like a job, even better) because they were an Eagle Scout by the time they were 14. So, if you put boy scouts in, then what do you leave out? Sports? But if you leave out sports then what happens to the epidemic of obesity that is plaguing our young children? I can certainly tell you that the kids who are playing on sports teams are not the ones experiences a greater girth. So, if you need scouts and sports, what about music? You can't give up music--there is too much beauty in it and it provides value to your enjoyment in life to actually be able to have a trained ear when you listen to music. So, as a mom, you try to be supermom and do it all.




2 comments:

Bettina said...

Keeping the family schedule together is a struggle that I face each day, each season as the sports change, and then to find some time for myself?!?!? Carpools help keep sanity. Dinner on the run? Here are some things I have found to be great ideas: hotdogs in crescent rolls (hand held, no silverware), hot pockets (hand held, and even found a spinach pizza one - sneak in those veggies), noddle bake lasagna (can be eaten hot/cold) put it into small tupperware containers. Add a few carrots or snowpeas to munch on and you have a meal-to-to. Just a few ideas. Keep rolling forward, and keep smiling!

Tiercy said...

Paige, love this though provoking blog, however, wait until your children are in YM/YW (just next year for Tobin) and you'll get even busier. Let me know how you do your balancing act, so I can perfect it by the time Ty is 12.