We had a great visit with Aunt Ellen. She is in town for a conference and was able to sneak away for a day. Tobin was caddying so it was Noah, Brenna and me who entertained her for the day. We took her out to lunch and then went on the paddleboats. I would love to say it was a great time, but Ellen was able to see Noah be a little defiant and exhibit his extreme personality. We were on the paddleboats and Noah got upset when Brenna wanted to steer. At the time, I was a little surprised at Noah's reaction; he dug in his heels and decided he was not going to paddle! With us in the middle of the lake that couldn't really be an option. I didn't really know what to do in such close proximity. It wasn't like I could step away from the paddleboat with Noah, talk to him, and then come back. Luckily, Noah realized he needed to paddle and did the job. Needless to say, we skipped the ice cream afterwards!! Ellen was a really good sport and handled the heat, direct sun, and my defiant child all quite well. After that we put it all behind us and had a great rest of the day at home talking and catching up on family events. Here are some pictures from the day; there were some smiles.
I do want to say that one thing I love about my family is that whenever there is an opportunity to come visit they do. Even if they are stopping through town for the night they do! It really is great having a close family who feels comfortable with each other.
1 comment:
I didn't even know that Ellen was giong to be in town. How fun!! Cute pic. (BTW- I am sure Noah's little fit just reminded her of us when she used to take us in the summers!) So, you could say it made her nostalic. haha How's that for a postive spin on things?
Post a Comment