Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Light the Night Walk

On Saturday, October 11th, I will be walking with for a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma. It is so interesting to me that the more I talk with people about it, the more I find out people's experiences with these cancers. So, I will walk for everyone in hopes that they may never have a loved one experience leukemia and lymphoma.

Personally, I will walk, thinking of 3 very special people:

1. My uncle. In his memory. He died of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. For everything I miss about him.

2. For Faith, my daughter, Brenna's friend: She was almost two when she was diagnosed with leukemia. She went through chemo and treatments and seems to be in remission. I walk for her courage and for the hope that she will never be back there again. That we find a cure.

3. For Austin: My twin sister knows Austin (around 2 yrs. old) and asked for prayers for him on her blog. I will do better and walk for him too. So that he will go through his chemo and come out on top, climbing walls and able to use his spiderman blankie for his "cure all" which he loves. He was just diagnosed this past August 28, 2008 with leukemia. I can remember how normal that day had seemed to me and yet, how it changed their world forever.

I am walking with the group Leap of Faith-- our goal together is to raise $25,000 dollars!! I know we can do this. If you can, please donate to finding a cure for leukemia and lymphoma. Listening to Faith's mom share her story makes me realize that faith, science and research are at the heart of finding a cure. To continue the research please do what you can! Even $5.00 helps. Remember, all donations are tax deductible. Thanks for your support.

To donate please go to my Light the Night Walk page at http://www.active.com/donate/ltnAlexan/2288_PaigeP If for some reason the link isn't working. The words Light the Night are a link to take you there as well.

8 comments:

Tiercy said...

Hey Paige,

Thanks for keeping litle Austin in your heart for this walk. How neat! What a good thing to do with all that extra time you have. I love you. If his parents saw this, they would be touched!

Emilie said...

I SO wish I could walk with you.

xo

JENNIFRO said...

What a great cause. so sad for so many.

Michelle said...

That's so wonderful Paige. I have a friend, Marsha, who walks every year in honor of her nephew, Ethan. He passed 7 years ago at the age of 4. This year her daughter who was a baby at the time will be doing the walk with her. I will be cheering for you both!!

It's such a worthy cause!
Love,
~Michelle

beth said...

I am so touched, Paige that you are doing this for Klaus and for the two little ones. Like Emilie, I wish I could do it with you.

I donate regularly to the Leukemia- Lymphoma organization. This month I am making my donation to your walk. I wish it could be more but every little bit helps.

If you have a chance please send me your email address. Hope all is going well with you and yours.

Much love to all

PS Chris is in the Alps today, biking through switzerland--so far so good

Debbie said...

Good for you Paige. This is inspiring. Good luck with your walk.

Unknown said...

Hi Paige,

Taking a note from Emilie and Beth, I plan to walk with you if the event is early in the day. We have a dinner engagement at 7 and it's a fancy shindig. I need r&r to get ready. Can I by home by 3:30 or 4?

jill said...

What an absolute nightmare to have this affect someone you love so dearly. Good for you Paige, that is so nice of you to do this for them.