Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away!!

What do you do when your day, which had been entirely planned, is now canceled due to rain and winds from hurricane hannah?

My conversations have gone like this:

Me: Why don't you read?
Kids: Don't want to

Me: Why don't you play Connect 4?
Kids: Because I never win

Me: Why don't you make cookies?
Kids: B-O-R-I-N-G

Me: Why don't you watch a movie?
Kids: At the movie theater?!
Me: Here, at home
Kids: SUPER BORING

Me: Why don't you go back to sleep since you got up so early?
Kids: Impossible

Me: Why don't you do a puzzle together?
Kids: Can I (all of them say this) put the last piece in?
Me: You can't all put the last piece in (Sigh...)

What do I tell my kids when nothing grabs my attention either?

My ideas are finished
My day is just beginning

1 comment:

Julie E. said...

I usually start listing off very unwanted chores... mop the floor? scrub a toilet? vacuum the stairs? I then tell them that they can either find something FUN or I will assign something fun. Is that mean? : )