Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Job Well Done

Tobin's superbowl was last night and he won! And boy do I wish I had pictures, but it was snowing---yes, that's right! Snowing!! In December! Tobin wasn't quite excited to realize it was snowing, but I think it looked rather pretty coming down in the stadium lights. There was something poetic about it.

We were playing the Panthers, a team we beat in our regular season and who were the season champs from last year. Tobin played on the line for offense and corner back on defense. And, boy what a night. He had many key tackles that stopped the other team at many pivotal points. It was exciting to hear the announcer announce Tobin's name for his efforts. It was electrifying, really.

We scored the only touchdown of the night with barely a minute left in the game. It was one of those touchdowns where the player runs almost the entire field from a punt return. You could see the player flanked by his team members (Tobin was right next to him) in something like a flying V formation. We were ready to score! It was a great play and offered us a clean win. Tobin was on a high last night after the game. It was a great end to a great season!

Andy got pictures!! Thanks honey!


Warming up despite the falling cold! Tobin is the one facing us, across from #3.

Tobin is #16, right in the middle of the pictures!

A victorious team! Notice the score board in the back. Tobin is in the 3rd row, right between #s 5 and 23. Go Wolverines!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Tobin!!!! Ya make your Grand-pop-pop proud. Love you guys, Grandpa Smoke

Anonymous said...

Hey Pagley's
I posted the team picture along with a narrative on my Marine Corps site. You guys are famous. Pop-Pop

Anonymous said...

Yay Yahoo Yipee Ooo Raw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey big bro, you have a right to be proud! tell him uncle tony says congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Go Team Go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking good Smoke.....love a winning team ..
and when the grand kids in it better yet...gator

Anonymous said...

Outstanding Teamwork

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

displayed by kids with hearts. I enjoy watching the grandkids playing football, baseball, etc. more so than the professional teams.

Anonymous said...

Just a couple of the comments posted by my Marine Corps Brothers. Love Ya. Smoke

Anonymous said...

Tell the young man Congrats!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played Football for 1 year in Utah so I understand the problems with sub-freezing weather and snowed on fields. That makes for some tough ball playing. I can see he is smart because he plays Safety (My favorite position).
"Hit'em Hard and Hit'em Low"!

Congrats to this young man and his teammates!

Anonymous said...

Tell the young man Congrats!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played Football for 1 year in Utah so I understand the problems with sub-freezing weather and snowed on fields. That makes for some tough ball playing. I can see he is smart because he plays Safety (My favorite position).
"Hit'em Hard and Hit'em Low"!

Congrats to this young man and his teammates!

Tiercy said...

Way to go Tobin!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Tobin!! WHat an exciting thing for Tobin and Tobin's mom!!