Thursday, December 10, 2009

Some things that are going on in our lives but I've been too busy to write about it...

Noah threw up all over me last weekend in the middle of the night!!  He came in around 2:30 am saying his stomach hurt.  He climbed into bed with me and I was rubbing his back when I felt him get all clammy.  Then he promptly sat up and threw up all over me. Yep, all over me.  Aren't 10 year olds supposed to be able to make it to the bathroom?  It's ok that he didn't though; he would have if he could have.  This I know!

After I took the girls to the gingerbread making hour, they wanted to go sledding.  So, I called the moms of the other girls and said, "I will take them sledding if....if you're fine with me sitting in the car in the heat while they're sitting on the hill sliding down it."  They said that was fine and off I went with the girls in tow.  About a half hour into it, one of the ohter moms called me to chat about Christmas presents.  And when I got off the phone with her and looked up, the girls were gone!  Gone, I tell you!  I paniced as I got out of the car because I didn't know where they were and Bre knew my rules!  But I got mad as I walked across the hill and fell.  I got muddy, I hurt my knee and I wasn't dressed for being outside.  Not a good look for me.  And then I got scared.  I yelled at the top of my lungs and there was no answer.  I imagined one of the girls sliding into some ditch and then the rest fell in trying to help her get out.  My mind went crazy.  It wasn't until I walked all the way ACROSS the playground that I found them on the back side of another hill.  I didn't want to yell at them, but I needed them to know what they did wansn't great.  So, I compromised--I talked sternly with a smile.   I didn't let them leave my side again.

Brenna had a gymnastics meet on Sunday.  It was my first time getting to see her compete and I was really excited.  But the days before she didn't want to go.  I finally got it out of her that her coach was having her compete in level 5 and she didn't think she could do the pull over, the first move of the level 5 routine!  I really didn't know because even though I stay and watch her I didn't know what the move looked like.  I really didn't think her coach would want her to do it if she couldn't.  I tried many different things to build her confidence, I had her aunt call her who in turn called on her gymnast daughter to call Brenna, I told her to visualize it, told her to think like the little engine that could, etc.  I told her that at the very least we would go for the practice with the elite coaches who were at the gym.  Brenna had a pretty good practice, but during her practice I talked to her coach and he was so happy to put Bre back in a level 4.  Bre was ever so much happier and excited to perform.

The superintendent presented his budget today.  His first proposal is a flat budget--no growth involved but it stays status quo.  whew!!  I can take that in this economy.  But if Plan B comes to fruition, my job will also not be cut!!!!  There were no proposals of media specialists this year being cut from their jobs!!  Yeah!!  I am so happy and greatful. 

We finally caught our first child sneaking for Christmas presents.  In years past I seriously have been able to leave packages out, literally, right in front of their faces and they wouldn't have peeked or shown any interest in the presents!  I mean this.  But, the other day Andy caught Brenna sneaking around, looking for our hiding places for presents!!!  She claimed that the boys were with her too!  Yeah, something didn't quite sit right when she said that as Tobin wasn't even home at the time.  Then she really claimed that she was looking for them because she loved them so much and that Tobin was with her!!  As if he would protect her.  Funny.

Holiday parties are coming....

Brenna's baptism is coming....

Packages are coming...

Christmas is coming....

2 comments:

Tiercy said...

wow, i didn't know half this stuff...that means we are not talking on the phone enough!! busy busy busy...I love you!!

Bettina said...

I'm so glad there will be no cuts - and you get to keep the job you loved most between your picks. Yeah for following your heart!